This salad is usually served as a side dish at our home. But it can be eaten as a main meal or even breakfast, if desired.
This salad served 4, as a side dish.
- 2 large leeks, washed and with some of the top layers taken off (if necessary) and cut into 2-in pieces
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt, to taste
- herbs for garnishing
- Steam the leeks until tender.
- Drain the water over a colander.
- Place the leeks on a serving plate and sprinkle the tomato and egg pieces over top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings.
- Garnish with herbs, as desired.
- This salad can be eaten warm or cold.