I apparently have run out of curry powder. It’s not a spice mix that I use too often, so I haven’t noticed until today when I needed it.
But as I always have many spices on hand, it was easy to make my own homemade curry powder. I used a few different recipes for inspiration, making a mix of the ones that “felt” right.
Here’s my version, which I used for this recipe of Chicken Curry.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Mix all of the spices together.
- I store mine in a glass jar.